Top Ten Cleansing Foods
By Marcela Owen
This is one of my favorite topics, this article talks about my favorite top ten foods. The foods listed below are not only healthy for you but also delicious! Remember to buy organic when possible, I think it really makes a difference in taste and quality of nutrients.
In my eyes, organic foods go hand in hand with natural foods. Processed foods are not as nutritious and they reverse my efforts of maintaining a healthy, natural lifestyle. Processed foods also hinder my efforts to delay and even reverse the aging process. Organic foods have all the nutrients and antioxidants that we need to optimize our well-being. Eating organic is not only healthy for your body but also healthy for your skin. When you think of your skin care regimen, remember to look at it from all angles, inside and out. Eating foods as pure and unprocessed as possible not only affects our body and skin, but it may even help us avoid illness. The stronger we build our immune system, the better the chances of staying healthy. Taking care of our bodies inside and out is what scriptures says. “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So, you must honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
I have a list of my top cleansing foods. These foods have cleansing elements or are just straight up good for you plus they taste delicious! They all contain anti-aging elements to nourish your body and skin!
1. Organic Fresh Fruit: One of my most favorite is papaya. Other than having essential vitamins like Vitamin C, It’s an antioxidant that has a cleansing effect on my body. It’s also the perfect fix when you are craving something sweet. Berries are also fantastic, and they are low on the glycemic index.
2. Sweet Potato: Is a root vegetable loaded with many nutrients, including potassium, fiber and vitamins A and C. It is a good source of carotenoids, which is type of antioxidant. Sweet potato may aid in improving blood sugar control.
3. Organic Avocados: These are fantastic on their own or as a side with any dish, great for its monounsaturated fat and high in fiber. I eat avocados regularly to help remove toxins from the body and nourish my skin.
4. Olive Oil: I use organic extra virgin olive oil for all my food, salads, cooking, as a dip, with veggies, etc. It has had amazing effects on my skin and it’s a great internal moisturizer and lubricant.
5. Yerba Mate / Green Tea: These are both anti-oxidant rich teas. Both contain vitamins and minerals to stimulate overall cleansing of the skin and body.
6. Organic Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juice: Cucumber, parsley, kale and green apple is one of my favorite blends, but any combination of healthy fruits and vegetables in a drink are beneficial. Organic fruits and veggies are great for cleansing to safely remove toxins as well as providing antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
7. Water with Lemon: This is one of the best concoctions to flush out toxins and revitalize the body and organs. Remember that hydration is key.
8. Seaweed: Seaweed contains fat burning elements and it is delicious, filling, and full of vitamins as well as minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and iron.
9. Garlic: Garlic is a natural and antibacterial food to help cleanse the body’s organs, especially the liver. It also stimulates circulation.
10. Raw, Organic Nuts: Walnuts and almonds are nutrient rich foods. They are especially high in omega-3 fatty acids, a good source of Vitamin E as well as antioxidants that help maintain a glowing, healthy complexion.
As I mentioned, I feel it is equally important to take care of your body as well as your skin externally and internally. It’s essential to understand that buying organic (and supporting your local farmers) is part of this program and also part of living a natural lifestyle. I recommend purchasing organic and natural whenever possible. “Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.” (3 John 1:2)
My favorite way to have my fruits, veggies, and nuts is with the Bullet. Have you tried it yet? I admit it, I bought it after watching an infomercial, but it wasn’t an impulsive purchase, it just made so much sense to have one. You mix your favorite nutritious ingredients into a container, then you add water, cover, mix and voila! Your healthy concoction is ready to drink. It is an excellent way to ingest nutrients that can help address body discomforts, and to stay looking young and healthy. It’s a great substitute for coffee, have one a day instead of coffee and see your energy skyrocket. Remember: “Then God said, Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food.” (Genesis 1:29)
Marcela Owen is a Health and Prosperity Coach. Her passion is to support women of faith who want to follow God’s purpose, live a healthier lifestyle, and achieve any specific goal. She provides prayer, encouragement, and accountability so her clients become the best version of themselves. If you are stuck and want to uncover God’s purpose for your life, she is offering a free coaching session! To schedule: https://calendly.com/marcelaowencoach/transformation
She believes her God given destiny is to empower women and help them reach their goals.
FB: Health and Prosperity Coach